Friday, September 25, 2009

Rexburg

You know you are in Rexburg when you have to drop your truck off next to a pile of hay.

So we finally Made it to Rexburg. I left my camera cable in CA during the three week move/vacation, so this post is limited to cell phone pictures. We rolled into town in the above pictured Budget truck around 8:30 p.m. after Jamie's wedding. The Elders Quorum was there to help us unload the truck and they had everything--armoire, couch bed, everything--in our second story apartment within 15 minutes. The help just kept coming. It was wonderful.

Then we spent the next couple of weeks unpacking and getting organized. Some of our home improvement projects included buying and putting together this Walmart special of a table and hanging these curtains. We have yet to hang all of our pictures. Even though there is still work to do, it is so nice to have a home again.


Rexburg is a small town complete with John Deere tractors and old trucks selling corn in front of the grocery store. So far I love it! However, I don't know if I will be able to say that when it is 20 below. Winter is definitely on it's way and to put it mildly, I am nervous.


In Sports News:
As the spouse of a full time student, I am eligible to participate in the intramural sports that they have here at the school. In an effort to get in better shape, I decided to take advantage of this perk and I did something kind of crazy. I joined a BYU-I intramural swim team. After my first week back in the water, the only positive thing that I have to say is this: I used to be in really good shape. It's been years since I have been on any kind of a swim team (8 to be exact), and I am feeling every second of it. It is fun though. It's nice to be able to work out with people about my speed and I'm actually excited to compete just for the fun of it. Our first meet is tomorrow. I will be swimming in both the 200 medley relay, and the 200 free relay as well as the 100 free. Go Spartans! Feel free to wear GREEN in my honor.

3 comments:

Darin and Shannon said...

LOL!! go for a 1:10 hundred free! thats awesome i wish i could do like a masters swim team. . . but i guess p90x is more conducive to having a baby in the house!. . . GOOD FOR YOU!

Amber Marie said...

I'm so jealous you are in Rexburg!! What a great place uh? Don't worry about the winter- Cari wore flip flops the WHOLE year and she still has 9 toes...kidding, she has 10 still :) Anyway, your apartment looks very nice. Enjoy the beautiful campus and temple. It is a very special place!

Unknown said...

so fun and what a nice elders quorum!!!